Who we are
Bureau of Elementary Education
The Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) is one of the bureaus of the Department of Education that implements programs and projects that help attain the goals and objectives of basic education services. Our programs and projects are geared towards the realization and attainment of the basic thrusts embodied in the Medium-Term Philippine Development Plan. These are:
- expanding access
- improving quality
- enhancing effectiveness and efficiency of basic education services.
These in turn are measured by outcome indicators namely:
- increased participation rate
- cohort survival rate
- transition rate
- completion rate
- reduced dropout rate
- improved achievement level.
We are further mandated to set standards and formulate policies on elementary education, and provide technical support to education stakeholders through research, training, monitoring, evaluation and networking. At present, we are focusing on curricular reform to come up with a more relevant, viable curriculum which will respond to the varying needs of our children and the technological changes of our society.
Vision and Mission
We are a dynamic and responsive organization committed to achieve excellence in elementary education.
Our mission is to ensure improved learning outcomes and acquisition of essential life skills of all Filipino elementary learners through policies, standards and support to schools anchored on shared organization values.
- Participatory Decision-Making
- Organizational Effectiveness and Efficiency
- Work Ethic (punctuality, accountability, commitment)
We implement programmes and projects to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide basic education knowledge and develop the foundation skills, attitudes and values essential to the child’s personal development and necessary for living in and contributing to a developing and challenging social milieu.
- To provide learning experiences which increase the child’s awareness and responsiveness to the changes in and just demands of society, and to prepare him for constructive and effective involvement.
- To promote and intensify the child’s knowledge of, identification with, and love for the nation and people to which he belongs.
- To promote work experiences which develop and enhance the child’s orientation to the world of work and creativity to prepare him to engage in honest and gainful work.